Protect your greatest asset – your people – with an SMIS Certifications accredited ISO 45001
Driving forward and constantly improving health and safety is key to the constant improvement of business performance; and ISO 45001 will help you to achieve this.
Released in March 2018, the standard replaces OHSAS 18001 and allows management system integration with other ISO standards, which provides a more streamlined approach to multiple system management.
Organisations who already have OHSAS 18001 can transfer over onto the new standard with Ocean to ensure that their health and safety practices are in line with today’s and tomorrow’s environments.
The importance of effective health and safety management is recognised by employees, customers, suppliers, contractors, regulatory agencies, insurers, and stakeholders alike, and is a primary concern to all, across the globe. As this is an internationally recognised standard, this will be a benefit to your business in the world wide market place.
The process to successfully achieve your certification includes the following key elements:
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Health and safety management programme
- Structure and responsibility
- Training, awareness and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
Benefits of the health and safety management system include:
- A reduction of medical claims and compensation costs
- Reduced lost work days through improved safety levels
- Lower risk of penalties for breach of legislation
- Lower insurance costs through the demonstration of improved risk management
- Capitalising on an improved business performance
- Gaining competitive advantage through the establishment of a responsible image within the marketplace
- Increasing competitiveness in Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and Tender submissions
- Our certification provides the added benefit of automatic certification to SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement)
- The improvement of employee satisfaction and retention through reinforced occupational confidence
- Conforming with rapidly changing regulations
- Increasing operational efficiency through adherence to a formally documented occupational health and safety procedure
- The recognition of commitment to health and safety by potential investors
Integrate your ISO 45001 management system with others, to save time, money and resources
Integrated Management Systems (IMS) cover the requirements of all three standards within a single streamlined management systems resulting in a lower frequency of visits, less audit duration and lower certification costs.
Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) Certification SSIP Ocean Certification
As we are a registered member of the SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement) forum you can choose to add SSIP Registration to your certification. We will typically build in the SSIP assessment into your normal visit plan, but if you wish to add this in between planned assessments we may need to complete an additional assessment.
The SSIP forum acts as an umbrella organisation to facilitate mutual recognition between health and safety assessment schemes. This means that ISO 45001 certification with Ocean will be mutually recognised between SSIP member schemes and therefore will negate the requirement to hold other scheme memberships/certifications such as:
- Contractors Health and Safety Scheme (CHAS)
- National House-Building Council (NHBC) ‘SafeMark’
- EXOR ‘H&S Qualified’
- Safety Management Advisory Services (SMAS) ‘Worksafe Scheme’
- Altius VA
- Eurosafe UK
- Association for Project Safety (APS) ‘Registered Practice Scheme